The Money Thing
In the middle of a Bank Holiday weekend, it's been a productive few days doing various tasks. I finally changed the diverter valve on the central heating system, a job that's been hanging over my head for a few months. Glad that's done.
Many of the other tasks have involved spending some money. Money I wish we weren't spending right now but there seems no other choice. It's bad timing with recent work announcements that will probably result in me doing less overtime in the coming months. And I can already feel christmas breathing down my neck. Trying my best not to stress about this. Trying.
Sorted Mikes lappy out on Thursday night and I've had Duggos PC this weekend for a rebuild also. I haven't had my own lappy out for days. Must get more time with Ableton Live 5 my current fave rave. The skills can only build if the time is put in.
Another bit of software that's floating my boat is Konfabulator. A bunch of desktop widgets like those in OSX but amazingly they were out before the OSX Dashboard. Check my desktop here...
They are very cool and some I'm finding really useful. I hope in the future Yahoo integrate more of their services into Konfabulator. Stuff like Flickr and the Yahoo calendar would be smart to have on the desktop at all times. Still evaluating how much of a load these things put on the system but I should really have more RAM in this PC anyway. But this brings us back to the money thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment