Egghead Is Dead
I really meant to blog this last night but was up till past midnight packing away the last of the CD's into boxes. Dad phoned to tell me an old school friend had died. I wasn't suprised that I felt nothing. I haven't seen the guy for 20 years. A wasted life. I watched from quite close up as he seemed to deliberately choose a different path through our school years. We had been good friends for ages. He was really smart. Then one day on the way to school he said, "I think it's time I started having some fights". I'll always remember that phrase. Completely unnecessary. From that point he was on a slippery slope down into the abyss. Violence, thieving, glue, homelessness, chaos. I haven't given it any thought over the years but now I do, I can't see why it happened that way. Oh well. His choice. See ya Eugene.
No comments:
Post a Comment