Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Back Home From Hospital

So glad to be back home tonight. All done and feeling pretty good really. Yesterday was an anti-climax as it was only planned to admit me to the ward on Monday with the procedures booked in for today. It took until 4PM to get confirmation of a bed by phone then I had to haggle for the latest time that I could 'check-in'.

Took the bus down to City Hospital to save Jacq and the kids disrupting their eveing routine. After all I was just going there to sit in an uncomfortable chair and bed then attempt to sleep. Had trouble sleeping on the awful bed and with the sounds of the ward.

This morning dragged until I was called for theatre at 1:00PM. The procedures went to plan except that no stone was found! There's a chance that it's got washed up into the kidney so I'll be having follow up in four months. If it's still in there they can sonically smash it. Felt a bit yuck afterwards but perked at the thought of getting outta there this evening. The first was REALLY painful and still is for 24 hours. Ouch!

Jacq and the kids turned up for a visit at 6:00PM and I was chuffed to tell them I was coming home. The kids had drawn up some lovely get well cards which made me blub. Got my stuff together and home for a relaxing evening. Post from Phil (thanks mate) provided the evenings viewing of Collateral which was excellent.

Feeling OK at the moment and hoping for a restful nights sleep. Great to be home.

No comments: