Sat & Sun Summary
Saturday morning a bit rough following previous evening drinkie (see previous post for evidence), eased into things with a bit of post-breakfast Photoshop action. Decision made to grab small moments to continue creative activities ("putting the hours in"). Working on the new tingy 2.0 website, pleased with the results of an hours dabble.
Midday swimming lessons for the kids. It was Dylans second lesson and he was way better than the two other newbies in the class. In the changing room I told him how proud of him I was and he replied, "what's proud mean?" He talked me into agreeing to go swimming again in the morning. I could not refuse his enthusiasm.
Rest of day occupied with the usual chores. Following the groceries run, got dragged into ToysRUs and got fleeced for 50 quid. Feel like a ripped off mug in a street gambling setup. But with a receipt.
Jacq made me watch Down With Love, not exactly bad I suppose, but I'd rather have had another blast on Photoshop.
So, Sunday morning and though I didn't much feel like it either I dragged t'wife out of bed and down to the swimming baths. Good fun once in there. Dyl discovered putting his head underwater with Harriets goggles on. Had to take of his floats so that he could get under as much as he wanted. Treated ourselves to McBreakfast afterwards.
Popped into town later for a walkabout. Lovely sunny day. Deckchairs were out in the Bullring. I tried to use a book token I've had in my wallet since Feburary but still nothing grabbed my attention. Picked up some notebooks in Paperchase sale. Down to a quid each these beauties were full of lots of different style lined pages. Hopefully another tool in the creative toolkit.
Back home I got busy breaking up our crappy old chest of drawers and taking them down the dump along with various bits of trash from under the stairs. Full car but I'll need to do it again next week to finish the job.
And that's about it for this weekend. Kids are in bed and it's just a couple of hours of relaxing for us then another weekend is done.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see yer note pads!
Get a skip - its far less hassle (I thought that it'd be really expensive, but its all too easy for £50)
Post a Comment