Gravitating To The Mothership
At todays Team Brief it was all too apparent that the power base of my organisation is shifting to SWiSH in Manchester. So let's cut to the chase shall we? That's where the deals will be made. That's where the experts will emerge. That's where new opportunities will arise. So someday I'll need to be there.
Following the Team Brief I had a word with the Operations Manager and floated the concept of me moving to the SWiSH Systems Dept. No problem, he said. Easy as that. He even went on to include me in his list of 'the good guys' which was flattering. This quick chat did wonders for my work morale. To know that the move is there for the taking when I want it, is very liberating. It makes clear any confusion in my brain about how I can stay within Siemens in the medium term. The only barriers are physical and logistical issues to do with my home location and working strategies. These I can progress and deal with myself now that I know there's no organisational problem.
A healthy by-product of the chat was the paranoia it induced in my department manager. This is of course an entirely desirable state of affairs. Keep 'em on their toes I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment