Second Week Still Hot
Weather is still uncomfortably hot in my second week as freelance. Got my timesheets in Monday morning and hoping for my first payment this Friday. Should also get my last Siemens payment at the same time which will be nice.
The bad news dropped on Monday that Siemens have pulled the plug on the sale and are closing the Coventry and Winchester offices by September. Seems like I got out just in time. What a mess has been made of a perfect decent business. They failed to run it well and they couldn't even sell it properly. That's if they were ever serious about selling it in the first place. I can't understand what they did, and I will never forgive them.
A redundancy payout may have been a nice little bung but I wouldn't want to be looking for work at the same time as everybody else. Plus the extra money I will have made by getting out early probably comes to a similar ammount. So all in all I'm better off out and a lot less stressed.
And talking of stress, it seems that Phil had a bad day yesterday prepping his kit for a 3 week holiday in France. The clutch failing on his motor must have been an absolute disaster. I do hope his recovery plans have worked today and he's safely on his way.
Jacq is looking forward to picking up her car on Saturday. Then the summer holidays will really start for her and the kids. At the moment they are staying in the house hiding from the sun and trying to keep cool.
Just spoke with Mike who's on the number 7 bus on his way to visit his mum. Now he's back from a few days away and I'm back in Bearwood full time, I hope we can catch up soon. And by catch up, I obviously mean crack open a few cold ones and shoot the shit. It's well overdue.
No comments:
Post a Comment