Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Hottest Day On Record?

It's supposed to be the hottest day on record today. That's what I've been told. We shall see. Yesterday was a scorcher, not helped by the closure of the motorway making the journey home murder. I'm working at the offices of my first client as a freelance engineer. The place and the people seem ok, which is nice. Although they could do with air conditioning in the building! But in the new freelance mindset, it doesn't really matter what the place is like. All that matters is getting my hours in and getting paid. No other mental baggage involved.

I've even restarted my meditation practise as I had let it drop during the last few weeks of working in Winchester. Hotel life plus changing jobs did not provide a conducive atmosphere. Now all of that is behind me and I'm moving on to pastures serene, I'm ready to restart mindfulness.

No comments: