Sunday, July 23, 2006

Breaking Up For The Summer

Got to the end of the first week as a freelancer and the kids broke up for the summer holidays. By the Friday I got into some code which helped pass the time. My new laptop arrived on the Friday and first impressions were great. Unfortunately a closer inspection on Saturday morning revealed a very poor screen display which was very dissappointing. I checked on some forums and found it was a common complaint. I'm afraid it's going back to Dell and I'm back at square one. What I'd REALLY like is Jacqs MacBook. It would be so cool to use that. I could boot into XP to run programming packages and take the risk of usb-to-serial interfaces working. I wonder...

Away from work and computer stuff, it's been a lovely weekend although Dylan has been a bit poorly today. We gave Pebbles a bath and lots of hugs after. This afternoon we went out to a Nissan dealership to check out Micras. Suprise, suprise, we ended up buying one! It wasn't a planned purchase so it may appear to be a rash decision. But there's a logic to it. We got a 2 year old motor for half its list price and only a bit more than we were planning on spending on a much older one. We should be picking it up next week which gives Jacq and the kids complete freedom to make the most of the six weeks holidays.

No comments: