Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Brighter Outlook

Much talk during the week of future work plans. I've started coming around to the idea of going down the contracting route. The positions currently advertised are double my current hourly rate. It's got to be worth a try, and if it's not for me then I'll just get another staff job. Quite fancy the idea of working for myself.

Very last thing on Thursday before driving back up, Trapper had a chat that indicated things may not be done and dusted with regard the sale of the business. Juergen is down for a meeting on Tuesday and it needs to be made clear to him what the opinion of the staff is regarding recent management performance. I'm looking forward to that meeting, it should be very interesting if he gets a rough ride.

The thought of positive future work plans and a possible 11th hour change of plans has meant that I've got a stress-free outlook on work stuff going into this Easter holiday weekend. Not stressing at all like I was last weekend. That's got to be good news health and family-wise. In fact I don't really mind what the outcome is now. Maybe a slight preference for staying within Siemens for all the technical interest, training, travel, etc. But if that don't happen, then I'll take the contractor wages thank you very much.

No comments: