Friday, March 17, 2006

The Gaps In Between

Another busy 'working from home' Friday in which lots of things happened and I managed to fit some project work into the gaps in between.

Dropped the kids off at school and went to see my doctor for another blood pressure check. This check was at the end of a month on the tablets he prescribed me. The good news was that my BP was down to just about the right numbers for my age. I've now got the go ahead to start getting into some exercise and get my act together lifestyle-wise.

Put the car into the garage for an engine service. While waiting to drop it off I stood for a long while chatting with a mechanic and admiring the 1965 Mini he was working on. It was in superb condition and made me smile just to look at it. Just a year younger than me and still going strong.

Back home for a few hours at the project work then another session with Linda. We practised quite a lot of Chi Kung which felt really good this time and I was complimented on my stance. I'm seeing her again in two weeks so I need to work at integrating the practise into the coming weeks in Karlsruhe.

Took our old two-seater sofa round to Mikes with his help. It was easy enough to carry round to the house, but a bit of a bugger to get through to the back room. Now they've got two sofas in there it's a bit full but I reckon they'll be real comfy in there. I hope so anyway.

Parents came over in the evening. Dad glad to be back from Ireland.

5 comments:

Fergus Kelly said...

What part of Ireland was your Dad visiting ?

Mark McQuitty said...

Belfast. His home town.

Fergus Kelly said...

So you're half Irish Mark ? Ha ! Which half ?
The good half ! (says you) ;-)

Are you Brummie born and bred, or did you spend any time in Belfast ?

Mark McQuitty said...

A true Brummie me. I've never been to Belfast. Am I missing much?

Fergus Kelly said...

Nah.