Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Connection Thing

Worked at home yesterday and had my second session with Linda. We did sitting and standing meditations and I think I'm getting into it more. No revelations as such but a tangible sense of relaxation and peace. Will be interesting to see how I can integrate the practise into next weeks visit to Karlsruhe.

Swimming today and Dylan still wasn't happy swimming from the deep end even though we'd practised it loads last Sunday. Harriet swam superbly and passed her level 8 test!

Quick phone chat with Mike while making lunch. We agreed that Sally Phillips was a godess last night on 8 Out Of 10 Cats.

Went over to Marys in the afternoon. I haven't seen the Steves since christmas I think. General agreement on the greatness of My Name Is Earl. Theresa still not committing to the June holiday yet. Just what does she need? I'm gonna have to force the issue next time I see her.

Came home and watched Curse Of The Were-Rabbit which looked great on the telly after I played around with the connections. Ran the DVD through the RGB input and it made an amazing difference to the picture quality. Also, the annoying crackle in the left speaker seems to have gone, so that must have been a connection thing.

2 comments:

Phillip Ingham said...

Is your meditation thing to help with the high BP?

Hope you have a good week in Germany. Will try harder to keep blog up to date with any gossip etc.

Need to get into the ritual of doing it once a day.

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Mark McQuitty said...

Getting into 'Mindfullness' as suggested by my GP who is into it himself. It's supposed to help with BP but it's also something I've wanted to look into for a very long time.

I'm not a person who is naturally 'in the moment', but I wish I was.