Saturday, November 27, 2004

Christmas CDs, Swimming Lessons & Bouncy Castle

Yesterdays working from home was very productive for my workload and very good for my quality of life. So there's a positive work related statement on record. Went to the mall in the evening. Starting to get busy there in a Christmas-rush kind of style. As well as prezzies, we picked up some additions to the Christmas albums collection. A 3CD set of crooners, a Doris Day album I've long wanted and James Brown Funky Christmas. Listening to the Doris Day album, the warmth pours out of the speakers. Sublime.
Today was test day at swimming and Harriet did us proud by passing her level. Only two passed and she was the best. Her dolphin kick stroke made me say 'wow' it was that good. So now she'll be going up to the deep end for her lessons, it's a big step but I'm sure she's ready for it. Dylan didn't pass as he's simply nowhere near ready yet. He hasn't yet got the confidence without floats. I'm really glad he's got Keith as a teacher as he's very good.
Party in the afternoon, Bethanys 6th. Bouncy castle in church hall. Loads of kids from Beths class. The cousins were a bit non-plussed. Things relaxed towards the end when the cousins had the castle to themselves. Back to Lizzies after for opening of prezzies. SteveK was running through a bunch of mp3's most of which didn't do that much for me. I did like The Earlies single though so I may investigate them a bit further. Good Flickr related chats with SteveT.

No comments: