Enjoying The View
I've always been a fan of First-Person-Shooter games since Doom. Not just for the shooting, but also the immersive quality of moving within a 3D space. I used to download loads of Quake 2 maps, some for the office deathmatch and some just for strolling around in enjoying the view. I dabbled in a bit of map creation but like most things, just dabbling. With the quality of current games like Half Life 2 the immersion experience is getting even better. I was well impressed by this movie of a HL2 map recreating Frank Lloyd Wright's famous Falling Water. The graphics are stunning and I love the fact that it doesn't function as a HL2 game map, it's just a 3D space to be explored and enjoyed. Must get HL2 re-installed on my PC and download this map so I can go visit the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment