Sunday, August 27, 2006

Chancers Meetup Summer 2006

Chancers
The Chancers meetup happened yesterday with everyone gathering in Brum for a few beers, much chat and some Chinese nosh. Even though we've all only left Siemens for a matter of weeks, so much has happened in this short period of time that there's lots and lots to talk about.

It was great to see everyone, and inevitably in this kind of situation I felt I never got to chat enough with each person. It was a treat to meet up with Phil and get a chance to hang out again. In the Apple Store, at the Ikon Gallery or just standing in Victoria Square drinking German wine, it was great to be chatting and sharing our common enthusiasms. Just like old times back at Coventry. I hope we can somehow manage to keep in touch like this in the future cos it's always a pleasure.

Managed to avoid drinking to much which I am pleased about. I was on my guard about drinking too early in the afternoon as it never ends well for me. Missed out on some of the eating time at the Big Wok as I had to help Dan find where he'd parked his car!

1 comment:

Phillip Ingham said...

After leaving, it took Dan an hour to "punch" his way out of the city. He got lost and from what it sounded like he ended up driving through Aston/Erdington.

It was a great afternoon - and the staying sober(ish) was a bonus - as I enjoyed the rest of the bank holiday weekend as well. Many people were surprised at how jolly I was the next day (am I really that much of an animal?)

Tasha says we should definitely meet up more for culture and Apple store visits.