Monday, May 29, 2006

Bank Holiday















Jacq snapped the above shot during a visit yesterday to Gullivers Kingdom. A great picture and rare for the fact that all four of us are in the frame. We managed to generally have a fun day even though poor Harriet was not feeling very well.

Today was a Bank Holiday complete with traditional rain. We went to see X-Men 3 which was OK. Nothing more than that. Harriet was feeling worse today and it's been hard trying to make her comfortable. A combination of a sore throat and a couple of very wobbly teeth has kept her on the edge of upset all day. Poor sweetheart.

Theresa popped in following a trip to Brum and we discussed plans for next week's holiday. Dylan spent a couple of hours playing with his mate David. I fetched him home as soon as I could. I'm torn between letting the kids play with their friends and having them around me on my rare times at home. I miss the kids so much during the week. I miss out on too much. It's not right you know.

1 comment:

Phillip Ingham said...

You're right its not right - which is why you need a contracting job and 12 weeks holiday a year!!!!

Hope you weren't stuck in Winchester too late.

Hope you enjoyed your Peaks weekend, I know what you mean about everyone being in the shot (with us its probably for the best, I'm not very photogenic).

I hope you all enjoy your holiday, and get a chance to relax and unwind after a hard long slog in Winch. Hope Harriett is feeling better too - not nice feeling under the weather on holiday.