Saturday, February 11, 2006

Through The Roof

While in hospital last year I was told to get my blood pressure checked out as it seemed to be a bit on the high side. So yesterday I saw my doctor who checked it and declared it to be "through the roof". Apparently my 180 over 110 is a bit more than on the high side. It was a bit alarming. I had an ECG done to check that my heart wasn't already damaged by the high pressure (it wasn't) and he put me straight onto medication to get the pressure down as a priority. Apparently five years at this kind of pressure and I'd be done for. Yikes.

3 comments:

Big Boy said...

Sorry to hear about your b.p., what have they recommended?

Mark McQuitty said...

Drugs first, Bendroflumethiazide. Larry says that hopefully 'lifestyle' changes will help long term but the priority is to get the b.p. down with medication before doing anything else.

Big Boy said...

Booze is the answer.

What was the question again?