Friday, February 03, 2006

Ramblings From The Week & Other News

The big news in the office is the suspension of the current redundancy program that was due to be announced next week. Very strange news which has been explained away by the management but could be a cover for something else big. More waiting and uncertainty I suppose.

In other news, I shall be in Karlsruhe again next week for more collaborative work on the project. Can't say I'm hugely looking forward to being away again but I'm itching to get into writing some code. It's been another busy week but not of much substance.

Got new tyres fitted during the week while at work using a mobile service I found on our intranet. Most convenient way of getting a chore done is to do it during work hours. Saves me wasting a few hours at the weekend.

Dylan has been off school all week with a throat infection and I've enjoyed taking Harriet to school for a few days. Last day of the working week and I'm taking the opportunity to work from home.

Work have blocked access to flickr through IE so I've installed Firefox to get around it. Enjoying the look of the Firefox Aquafox theme.

Yuk! Yet fascinating account of wasps making roaches into zombies here.

No comments: