Monday, October 17, 2005

Barking At Digital Puppies

The kids skipped swimming lessons on Saturday morning because of Harriets swimming party in the afternoon. Everyone met up in the baths car park. A beautiful sunny autumn afternoon. Jimi turned up! He'd been visiting his dad in hospital. We talked him into coming into the water with the loan of a pair of my shorts. Paul turned up to boost the adult numbers. He mostly hung out with Dylan while I looked out for the school friends. Everyone had a great time in the water. Jacq even had time to come in after setting up the party food. The family came back to ours for puddings, coffee and more present opening. Harriet had a lot of great gifts and enjoyed her day loads. I gave Jimi a lift to New Street station and the rest left about 8PM.

Sunday was a day for relaxing. Yesterday Steve had mentioned a Flickr outing on Sunday afternoon but I had to get some work done ready for Monday morning.

So today, Monday, is Harriets birthday. 10 years old! Two digits! Our daughter's growing so quick. I worked from home today which gave me the luxury of opening presents with Harriet and taking the kids to school. We got Harriet a DS and the Nintendogs game which she was thrilled with. Jacq bought herself a copy also and spent the day shouting commands at her virtual dog. Got my work emailed off about lunchtime which was a great relief. Mike popped by in the afternoon and dropped off a copy of V For Vendetta which I'm looking forward to reading. Then it was time to pick up the kids again. Time for much barking at digital puppies.

1 comment:

Phillip Ingham said...

Belated happy birthday to H