Matlock Day Out

A beautiful day out to Matlock in the Peak District. First stop was a walk around Matlock Bath. As always, the book sale shop caught our eye. Among other things, I picked up a 'making of' book for the recent Hitchhikers movie. At the till, the guy told me that his daughter was actually in the movie. A student at the Wimbledon College Of Art, they got involved in the creature props and she actually played one of the Vogons.
We drove up to Rowsley and got on the Peak Rail steam train back down to Matlock. Had a bit of a look around and then went back. On the platform waiting for the train, we started to worry. No sign of the train. Finally my nerve went and I called the helpline. As I listened to the phone ringing, the engine came around the bend. Phew. Back to the car, and home.
No comments:
Post a Comment