Thursday, May 26, 2005

Rest Day

A fifteen hour day yesterday down at the new T5 terminal at Heathrow airport. What an amazing sight it is seeing this huge building coming together. It's still a long way off complete, but so impressive with the innards exposed. I've never been so impressed by the sheer nuts and bolts of a building construction.

The meeting that I had agreed to attend at Cov today was cancelled so the planned 'rest day' could be considered precisely that. Harriet was off school with an upset stomach. We popped over to Jims to collect Jacqs mobile that she had left there yesterday. Called into WHSmith to pick up some comics for the kids and a book for Jacq for the forthcoming holiday. I'm sorted with the latest copy of The Wire still unopened on the shelf. Got down some bits and pieces from the loft ready for the packing and sorting which will probably commence this evening. The big question is of course, should I take the laptop? Probably not. It would be a good idea to have a break and maybe concentrate on just listening to some stuff and maybe make a few notes.

No comments: