Friday Is My Saturday
My two days off are Friday and Saturday so I've declared today my Saturday. Does that make any sense? No matter. Home from site last night in time to hang with the kids, put 'em to bed then pop out to vote. Later I opened my post, an Edirol PCR-1 midi controller. Been wanting one of these for ages. Sold a bunch of CD's to justify it and now here it is. Fiddled a bit getting the drivers set up then I was away playing with the Operator synth within Ableton Live. Sweet Lordy! It was LOTS of fun. Stayed up too late. When I finally took the headphones off, one of my ears actually ached!
This morning we dropped the kids off at school then I went to get my hair cut. A quick 'number one' later and I met up with Jacq having a cuppa round the corner with Jane and Anna. We all went back into school for Year 4 assembly. Harriet did a powerpoint slide about her beloved Neopets. Had to endure more of Mr Pies poorly played Beatles songs!
Jacq and I then spent a pleasant few hours in Merry Hill browsing the shops. Picked up Simon Reynolds new book Rip It Up And Start Again for a tenner. Spotted the remastered CD's of 'Seventeen Seconds', 'Faith' and 'Pornography'. The classic trilogy of Cure albums. Boy I wanted them all so bad, but at 17 quid a pop it's a bit much really. I guess I need to sell some more CD's.
No comments:
Post a Comment