Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Thing!

A happy two thousand and thing to all my reader! Been over at Lizzies this afternoon, she made a nice curry then we played Triv. Nowhere near as much fun as the recent Taboo session. Questions just too hard and uninteresting.

Changed my Flickr buddy icon tonight back to a non-festive style. The tree will be coming down sometime this weekend. Christmas will soon be over.

Pulling down a few tunes from Soulseek as I type. It's been a while since I downloaded much but magazine and website lists of the years releases have given me some ideas.

Fireworks are going off like crazy right now. People are out in the street looking up. Families with little 'uns staying up for the new year. It's never really meant that much to us. Seems a little too forced. I'd rather find a moment to meditate on the past year than set off fireworks.

Listened tonight to a Peel Radio 1 documentary I'd recorded recently. I wonder if his passing is my defining event of 2004? Right now I can't think of anything else that comes close.

1 comment:

Phillip Ingham said...

Uncanny again, we had a homemade curry new years eve!