Sunday, December 17, 2006

Not Christmas Shopping

Lovely day today, blissfully away from the hellhole that is christmas shopping around about now. We went to see Flushed Away which was great. I laughed out loud plenty of times. Great voices, great slapstick humour, rats getting their nuts bashed, and a healthy dose of French-baiting, everything that a movie needs for greatness. CG not bad but could have been better. After the cinema we took a stroll around the German Market which was not too packed as everyone was probably going headless-chicken-crazy around the shops. Sampled many yummy foods then popped into the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery for some culture. A choir in one gallery was providing a very festive ambience. I lingered a while in the Buddha Gallery. We did some interactive and craft stuff in some of the other galleries. I liked an artist called Robert Perry a local guy I'd not heard of before who paints exclusively outdoors. Next door to an exhibition by Patrick Hughes of his perspective paintings that the kids liked.

No comments: